Vegetable Kurma that is given with parotta / chapathi in small time hotels is my all time favourite. Yesterday while talking to my hub’s friend he gave me this recipe and I wanted to try it out immediately, and outcome a yummy smooth rich in flavor Kurma that goes perfectly with plain ghee rice / roti / parotta / idiyappam. Pair it with anything and just gobble it down!!!
1/4 cup grated coconut
1 Serrano pepper or 2-3 Indian green chillies
1 big garlic clove or 2 small
1 clove (Or 2 if you like it spicy)
1 teaspoon fennel seeds (We personally do not like fennel and so I omitted this)
4 cashews soaked in water for 15 minutes
For the vegetable:
1 small onion chopped
1 small tomato chopped
1 bay leaf
1 cup vegetables semi-cooked with salt (green beans chopped, carrots chopped, fresh peas, potato cubed)
1/4 cup milk
salt to taste
2 teaspoon oil
1. Partially cook the vegetables and keep aside.
2. Grind all the ingredients mentioned in “To grind” into a fine smooth paste with little water and keep aside.
3. Add oil to a pan. When it sizzles, add onions and fry until translucent. Then add the chopped tomatoes and fry for a minute.
4. Then add the grind paste, little water (depends how thick or how runny you want it), salt and bring this to a boil and then reduce heat.
5. Then add the vegetables, milk and bring this to another boil.
6. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and pair it with roti / rice.